Thursday, October 7, 2010

Some helpfull tips on controlling our thoughts......




Did you know you can be free from negative thinking? The first step to your freedom is facing the truth and saying, "I'm a negative person and I want to change." If you really want to, you can overcome it because according to the Bible, you're a new person in Christ


Here are some tips that have helped me learn to control my thoughts


find out what may be blocking any positive progress.


Identify Your Obstacles


Have you ever thought that nothing good is going to happen to you? Maybe you've even said something like "If I don't expect anything good to happen, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't." These thoughts are obstacles in your mind, and simply recognizing them will pave the way to your freedom.
Practice the Positive


Once you've identified any obstacles, the next step is to start practicing being positive in all kinds of situations.
Say What God's Word Says


Nearly everything God has brought me through has happened by believing and confessing His Word. I recommend that you not only purposely think right thoughts, but that you go the extra mile and speak them out loud as personal confessions of faith


I encourage you to spend time examining His Word and comparing it to your thought life. Give God time to help you put your thoughts in line with His. Make up your mind to work toward changing your way of thinking. I've found the best way to become a positive thinker is to ask God for a lot of help—and to ask for it often.

1 comment: