Monday, August 23, 2010

What is your dream.......


Are you willing to lay hold of your dreams?



I'm not talking about a wish – a wish is usually only a passing thought that most people never act on.


But a dream is something that captures your heart and spirit. It ignites your imagination and fills you with an unquenchable hope.



It becomes something you can't easily set aside.
Dreams consume your thinking and fuel your excitement and passion.



It can happen in a single moment, or it can captivate your thoughts for years.


Sometimes when the dream is really big, you embrace it, and somehow it feels like the dream embraces you.
Our dreams are often about experiencing a better life, about achieving greater things … they are pictures we have of the future that reveal a part of our lives that will be greater than the past.
It takes courage to dream.



Any time you dare to dream, there are risks involved.


What if it never happens? What if it costs too much? What if people laugh at you?
It's hard to hold on to your dreams. It's hard to believe when the world and those around you give you no reason to press in and press on.





I know in my life, I would never have realized some of the amazing dreams that God has blessed me with if it had not been for the encouragement of God, friends, and family.




I ask God, to speak words of hope, life and encouragement concerning my future.
I wish that everyone could have an encouraging voice like that in their life, but sometimes it's not always the case. In fact, sometimes those closest to you can actually be the biggest "unbelievers" of your dreams.
I believe that one thing God has called me to be is an encouraging voice in your life:



Let me encourage you:


a dream doesn't always have to be something spectacular like winning an Olympic medal or becoming president.
What's the vision from God that's captured your heart, that's lingered, that won't go away? Are you still holding on to it or have you let it go? If you have, the time has come to pick it back up again and reclaim your dream.

Don't let anything hold you back.

Don't let anyone keep you from dreaming.

The dreams God has given you are treasures worth living for.




They are worth the price, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. I think that many people may be afraid of 'what if the dream came true' ... :-) what than? ... I love this post, and I agree with you. We should dream and pursue the passion we feel in our hearts. Dear one, thank you so much for all the loving comments you left on my blog. I cherish each of them and your words brings joy to my heart! hugs, blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such an encouraging post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy each moment. Each moment is my dream.

    One love.

    ReplyDelete