Thursday, August 26, 2010

quietness of the heart.

I've kept these words of an anonymous author in my heart:

Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.

is is to have no trouble

it is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore; to wonder at nothing that is done to me to feel nothing done against me, it is to be at rest when nobody praises me and when i am blamed or despised is is to have a blessed home in myself where i can go in and shut the door and kneel to my father in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and about is seeming trouble.

that's what i truly want underneath my strong image all i want is to be at rest when nobody praises me i believe that is true freedom. sometimes i must ask god to point me to true north, true humility true peace. It doesn't matter one whit what anyone thinks of me i will be true to myself and god.


  1. Oh I like this one very much. Blessings.

  2. I love this post! yes, me too, I'm looking for this place inside of me ... for me it was all about reprogramming myself and I do have it but not always, and sometimes I fail and I'm lost without this my home ... being mindful though brings me back there :-) blessings! hugs!!

  3. Very peaceful. Thank you for sharing.

  4. yes, humility and strength... great characteristics to master.

  5. The author of the Humility poem is Canon T.T. Carter