Thursday, August 26, 2010

quietness of the heart.


I've kept these words of an anonymous author in my heart:


Humility is perpetual quietness of heart.

is is to have no trouble

it is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore; to wonder at nothing that is done to me to feel nothing done against me, it is to be at rest when nobody praises me and when i am blamed or despised is is to have a blessed home in myself where i can go in and shut the door and kneel to my father in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and about is seeming trouble.



that's what i truly want underneath my strong image all i want is to be at rest when nobody praises me i believe that is true freedom. sometimes i must ask god to point me to true north, true humility true peace. It doesn't matter one whit what anyone thinks of me i will be true to myself and god.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I like this one very much. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! yes, me too, I'm looking for this place inside of me ... for me it was all about reprogramming myself and I do have it but not always, and sometimes I fail and I'm lost without this my home ... being mindful though brings me back there :-) blessings! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very peaceful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, humility and strength... great characteristics to master.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The author of the Humility poem is Canon T.T. Carter

    ReplyDelete